Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tybalt- unrested soul on earth



Oh joy, I am dead! Why you ask? It is because that villain, Romeo, had killed me. This all began when me and my posse went up to know... I could not believe I said this, but i wanted to find Romeo. Then the pesky Mercutio Escalus, son of the prince, was trying to make a fool out of me on my turf. Then as Romeo arrived, "Brave" Mercutio finally ticked me off with the cat comment. So i drew out my sword and was dueling him The next thing I knew, Romeo came in and tried to stop my fight. I went sneaky and stabbed Mercutio, killing him. Obviously it wasn't the kill i was looking for but it was well worth the adrenaline rush. I decided to leave Romeo so that we could prepare for the ultimate duel yet. By the time I came back, Romeo was as mad as bull with wings. We fought, I fell and I died. I saw my whole my flash before my life. I saw me in my mothers arms and me growing up into adulthood as I saw the shining light. I am now the undead soul on earth.



" You shall find me apt enough to that, sir, an you will give occasion" Tybalt Act 3 scene 1 line 41-42. The significance of this quote is that the theme is foreshadowing. It is foreshadowing because later Tybalt and Mercutio fight. This creates suspense because the audience will not know when Tybalt will burst and fight. This is how this quote has a literary significance in Act 3.

No comments: