Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Still wondering around the dark earth


I went to the church to ask God to send me to heaven, but there I saw the county Paris. He was discussing wedding plans with Friar Laurence. Soon after Juliet arrived Paris left. She was planning something with the old man, but i did not catch every single detail. After knowing that she had really loved Romeo, I know what i had to do, protect Juliet. After nightfall, I was in Juliet's room. I landed my dead hand on her rose soft cheeks as she drank a vial of potion and laid on her bed. I saw my cousin's family weep over here "death" the next morning.



"Of all my buried ancestors are pack'd; Where bloody Tybalt, yet but green in earth, lies festering in his shroud..." Juliet Act 4 scene 3, line 41-43. The theme of this quote is that Tybalt is not really dead, but rotting in the depths of the earth. This is the theme because Tybalt's soul is not rotting because of regular body decay, he is decaying because Juliet is crying for both Tybalt's soul and his memories with her. This is foreshadowing because Juliet will end up in her families tomb at the end of the story. This is why this quote has so much significance.

No comments: