Monday, November 17, 2008

Tybalt. Roaming the streets


I was wondering around Uncle Capulets Mansion after that tiring when i heard those wretched Montagues looking for their dear Romeo. I thought that he was going to kill himself. After when I was about to go back home, i saw someone with My cousin, Juliet. He was about that villain Romeo's height... But who am i kidding, a Monatgue and a Capulet, that is IMPOSSIBLE! As I left confession from church the day after, I saw the vile Romeo, all dressed in nice clothing. He was waiting for someone.... but who could it be? Then I saw it! It was Juliet. I knew no one would believe me so i will do the most honourable thing, To Kill Romeo!


"More than a prince of cats i can tell you. O, he is the courageous captain of complements. he fights as you sing prick-song; keeps time,distance,and proportion; rests me in his minim rest, one, two, and the third in your bossom:the very butcher of a silk button, a duellist, a duellist, a gentleman of the very first house, of the first and second cause."- Mercutio Act 2, scene 4 page 111 line 19-25. The literary significance in this is that a theme is a metaphor. It is a metaphor because Mercutio compares Tybalt to a cat. Also this is a monologue. This is a monologue because Mercutio is saying a speech that everyone can here, well only Benvolio.

No comments: