Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My final resting place


This is it! This is where my soul finally rests in peace. I had followed Romeo and saw him buy a poison from an apothecary. Then I went to the tomb where beloved Juliet lays. I saw Romeo, slaying County Paris, but he went to the tomb with a poison and drank it. Romeo died as Juliet awoken from her deep sleep and saw Romeo dead on the floor and took his dagger and stabbed herself. Now my cousins died and when the Prince arrived and the two houses made peace, my spirit started to float up. I went up past the clouds into heaven.




"But if thou, jealous, dost not pry in what I further shall intend to do, by heaven, I will tear thee joint by joint and strew this hungry churchyard with thy limbs." Romeo Act 5, scene 3 lines 33-36. This is a significant quote because the theme of this is jealousy. Jealousy is a theme because Romeo thinks that Paris is jealous that Juliet loved him first. This quote has some foreshadowing because Romeo says, " I will tear thee joint by joint and strew this hungry churchyard with thy limbs." This creates foreshadowing because it contradicts that Romeo will slay Paris. This is how this quote has literary significance.

No comments: